Samone from Red Letter Studio nominated us for the versatile blogger awards.
Cheers! Hoots! Clapping!
In response to this lovely overture we need to share 7 things about Harvest Textiles:
- Harvest Textiles is based in Melbourne, Australia and is made up of three lovely ladies - Jess, Lara and Em. None of us are originally from Melbourne. Jess grew up in Adelaide, Lara grew up in Fremantle and Em grew up in Sydney.
- We sublet our studio with Teegs and Lara C - the Ink & Spindle girls. They work Monday to Friday 9 - 5 and so we are the little night owls and weekend bunnies who make use of the fantastic space in what would otherwise be the studio's downtime.
- All three of us are mumma's. Jess has a little boy called Milo who is about to turn 3. Lara has a little boy Frankie who is 18 months old and Em has a girl and a boy - Arkie who is 5 and a half and Ziggy who is 2. They are our Harvest Textiles in-house models.
- Lara knows a whole lot about squid fishing. Go figure!?!?!?
- Em just spent the weekend with her family at the Walhalla Coach House and went toboganning at Mount Saint Guinere. It was great fun!
- We think the folks at Loafer Bread make the best croissants in melbourne.
- We just got into the first melbourne Finders Keepers market 9th & 10th October. Woo Hoo! See you there.
Now to share 15 blogs that we like:
* Love and Thrift: Clara Vuletich is a UK-based Australian textile designer who focusses all of her time and energy on sustainability in textiles and fashion. Stay tuned in the coming weeks when we will be announcing a seminar and workshop hosted by Clara with Harvest Textiles. Also check out her website.
* karen barbe: a chilean weaver who has a lovely style.
* make it digital: Mel Bowles is the co author of a fantastic book called "Digital Textile Design" which we are being inspired by right this minute.
*greg hatton: we love leila and greg and all of their lovely projects especially greg's furniture and leila's teepees.
*happiness etc: Luci loves paper cutting, scanning and painting, a little imperfection, a sunny day and a perfect coffee.
*cake with giants: a lovely local melbourne artist, Amy. This one appealed to me as there has been so much rain here lately and I am loving it!
*sensing owls: the photographs from this 17 year old brisbanite will blow your mind.
*purl bee: these guys always have interesting crafty know how tidbits to impart.
*swim two birds: if only we had the time to create such fine works as swim two birds. Luckily she does and is happy to share her pieces with the blogosphere.
*fine little day: how great is this wallpaper designed by 8 year old Otto?
*Stephanie Says: how cool is this papercut that stephanie did for her parent's wedding anniversary? and check out her new owl wallpaper..love it!
*lumetta - gorgeous photographs to inspire. "I love snow and silence, old and worn out things. Things not completed. Simple lifestyle. "
*mieke williams: always lovely bits and pieces to see here
Phew! That was a big post.